March 10, 2009

Much ado about nothing

Yesterday, I was generally publicizing my blog to my newly web-savvy aunt. She asked me what my blog was about. The most simplistic of questions, yet the most complex when it came to answering it. The answer "nothing" sprang to my lips immediately (figuratively speaking, of course) for in reality it would rather have to be my fingers as we were GChatting. But my answer didn't sound good.

What's the blog about? It's not about anything. What sort of publicity line was that? And why or how would it ever sell? On the other hand, MindBlogging is about everything. Everything I am concerned with in any case... be it day-to-day or thought-to-thought. And then it struck me that it definitely wasn't easy to find the fine line between not sharing anything too personal while being entertaining and ultimately just talking about my own life or thoughts with the exception of now-common food blogs sprayed through the other posts. That's the thing about personal blogs I suppose. While food blogs, movie blogs, investment blogs and the whole world of other generic blogs out there probably have a steady stream of regulars, it's harder to retain interest in a personal blog.

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my regular readers. I hope it's half as entertaining for you to read as it is for me to write it. Keep visiting!

12 comments:

Krish said...

Interesting post. But your blog is not about nothing. It's about a lot of things that other people possibly identify with. So, don't think it's nothing. GOod work, you.

Gandalf said...

I second Krish. It's about everything. And everything is not nothing. Ergo, Mindblogging is not about nothing.Period.

Anonymous said...

My 1st time here. But I spent close to an hour here. Really liked all your posts. Yr pics luk gr8 as well. I will come back also. Nice stuff :)

Jaya said...

Krish, Gandalf n Anon -> Thanks!! You made my day :)

Anonymous said...

Jay....you blog is kinda like a Seinfeld show. Its not about anything in particular and yet so entertaining and we are all addicted :).

Jaya said...

Thanks Sandy.. couldn't have hoped for a better comparison :)

Ram said...

It is a blog about you! And obviously you are not nothing ;) Good job and good sustained interest in updating your personal blog full of colorful details on your exploits. You are right about the difficulty in maintaining interest in a personal blog, where you really want your readers to know more about you, your thoughts, etc. There is certainly a very varied following depending on your last few posts. You have the right mix to make it interesting!

Keep it going and look forward to more of your literary genius (a la When Sparks Fly and other BP Arts' creations)

-- Big Bro

Jaya said...

Big bro -> Thanks... Of course I followed in your footsteps to first try and start blogging :D. And thanks for the compliments and encouragement as well. :D

Parasuraman said...

your blog can well be compared to paste and brush in my case and u know what dentists say when u dont brush keep it going good jab in your language

Jaya said...

Appa -> NO clue what that meant.. I suppose it was a wayward compliment... I will take it as one. Lol. Thank you :D And keep visiting!

Anonymous said...

My ex boyfriend 'M' is an ardent reader of your blog.. He introduced me to this blogsite. He wanted me to leave him alone with his lyf and so i dont disturb him bah I knw he still visits your blogs....I always check your blogs and comments hoping I would be lucky to see his comments somewhere....he comments as anonymous... I told u this story to let you knw that your blogs are not just entertaining bah emotionally attached to many in other ways too.....
Do keep writing......He always said you are the best blogger.....:) and I agree to that too......Keep writing....
Moonlight....:)

Jaya said...

Moonlight -> Thanks. that's very nice of you to share your emotional experiences in keeping with my personal ones. I hope "M" is reading and will someday comment as well. And thanks for both your n M's compliments. Keep visiting!

Post a Comment