April 6, 2009

Spring is in

I always wondered why Europe changed it's time for Spring almost a month after the US did. Now I know why. It's because when the time changed in the US, we were still semi-freezing. But slowly over the past month, unbeknownst to us, the light has lasted longer (it gets dark only after 8 pm now), flowers have sprung on the grass, the trees have started sprouting leaves again, the chill has left the air and the crowning glory - my office is warm again (Why is this the crowning glory? Read these.) And after bitching about the cold that much, it was only appropriate that I welcome Spring with widespread arms. It was a long winter but finally Spring has sprung in.

2 comments:

Monsal Varga said...

I'm back just to check on your nails.

Tell me the truth!

:D


About your post: things always have an explanation, isn't it? In Europe we say it is spring when it is spring ;)

Jaya said...

Monsal -> Thanks for checking back. Truthfully, I've cut down... but not entirely. I think I am weaning myself away slowly 2 nails at a time :D

Post a Comment