August 31, 2008

Ramblings of a disgruntled writer

Anyone who reads a lot and blogs a lot or one of the above has surely entertained secret fantasies of 'being discovered' and writing a book. Of course the difference between you and me is that mine's not secret and hasn't been for a long time now. I read an article today about a young Indian babe who was indeed discovered and through her blogs. How come none of the blogs of people I know (including me of course) end up being 'discovered'?! And how come Penguin, Bantam and the million other publishers we know of don't seem to care about what we ramble on about? Hmph... Ok ok... I know... today is just one of those days. In a glassy-eyed vision of the future in a moment of weakness, I saw the headline 'Nanoscientist publishes first non-scientific work'. Of course, it's safe to say, some people live in dreams. And I'm not one of them. College opens tomorrow. Time to accomplish the first word of that distant headline.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...compile ur blog postings and print.. its going to be a hit.. i am sure...(and dont forget to put those wonderful pic's u took too )

best of luck, friend ;)

Anonymous said...

I dont mean any offense here, and I like reading your blog. But most blogs are hardly book material. Imagine reading a book with pages and pages of recounting things that happened this day or that...
If you want to write a book, then start doing that. A book and a blog are very very different, and writing one does not make anyone capable of writing the other.

Anonymous said...

dear anonymous,
i disagree with u....
its far far entertaining and exciting to read day to day humor-ic flavoured article than artificially compiled and mixed 'book'...

friend,go ahead... :)

Jaya said...

Dear Karmanna -> Thank you for you support. I am working on a manuscript :D

Anon -> Thanks for the reality check. Just to appease you, I wasn't thinking of publishing my blogs. I was just hoping they were a window for someone to see what I am capable of! And btw, I am working on an entirely different manuscript. Keep visiting, though!

Post a Comment