June 4, 2007

My first road trip


Finally, I had done it.. My longest drive ever... all by myself. I drove from Ames, Iowa to Waukesha, Wisconsin... Its not much; its the next state; its barely 365 miles. But it was my first and it was memorable. I'd asked for a bright car to beat the gloomy day.. here's what I got.. bright alright... But somewhere within the first 50 miles, I wished I'd asked for a better equipped car.. this one has roll-down windows and non-key-less entry.. But it was still memorable... Fighting with the FM transmitter while driving, listening to some clueless radio, hoping the next 50 miles would just melt away, it was all an experience that I'll forever remember. My first road trip.

4 comments:

Ram said...

adi paavi... you drove without a US license?????

Jaya said...

Nope. Got it. Well, almost.

Shiva kumar Shankar said...

what did u do in waukesha??

Jaya said...

My best friend came there recently. Went to Chicago with her n her hubby.

Post a Comment