June 5, 2007

Hell's Kitchen

So its on again, one of my favourite reality shows - Hell's Kitchen. And like anyone else who likes the show I like it because of the acerbic hero of television, the badshah of boorishness, Gordan Ramsey. Its shockingly caustic the way he treats his "probables". But thats what makes an otherwise normal cookery show very interesting. It was the season premiere last night and the chef already had a huge man called Aaron weeping like a baby. When the show began, in 'lone-time' with Chef Ramsey, he promised that he wouldn't shout, scream or verbally abuse people. I almost fell off my chair. That would ruin the whole show (for people like me). And then he said "Who am i kidding? Welcome to Hell's Kitchen". It almost put a wry smile on my face. Hell has just begun for these people. Now there's something to look forward to Mondays (talk about a mundane existence!)

4 comments:

Priya said...

I like this one too, watched a few episodes last season. Will try to follow this one better.
And you finally made it to your road trip. Great job! I am still scared of driving by myself...any tips :P Lovely splash of colors in the pics too...orange car...pink ipod....badiyaa hai :D

Jaya said...

Hehe.. Thanks Priya... When u drive, keep your eyes wide open and stick by the rules. Thats all the advice you need :) And thanks for the comments about the pics. Yeah, uts a riot of color.. And i am loving it.. Ofcourse, the length of my posts seems to be decreasing... Hehehe.

Ram said...

naah.. I am not too big on Gordon Ramsey.. he's just the new kid on the block who has copied from the strikingly caustic hosts of game shows like The Apprentice, The Weakest Link, Quizznation, and even fiction plays like Dr.Gregory House... after you watch a couple of episodes, there does not seem to be too much drama...

Jaya said...

He's not new... he's an extremely top-rated British Chef and Hell's Kitchen in Britain has run 6 seasons. Its on its 3rd season here. So its hard to tellw ho copied who in their causticity. I like the show though... And no, House is a different league of its own and I think I mentioned to you that its based on Sherlock Holmes.

Post a Comment