June 11, 2007

The iPhone


Unless you've been locked away in Mars, you have probably by now heard all about the iPhone.. All about Apple's battle with Cisco for the name, blah blah. And if you haven't already checked out the pretty cool ad campaign for the iPhone check out a sample here. Sure.. this is the next best thing to hit the cell phone industry. Ever. Its unbelievable as to what all features have been included in a handheld device and with such magnificent colour and splendour. Its a first and it will be spoken about a long long time. But finally, above all it is a phone. How many normal people who are not gizmo-gadget freaks or of the younger generation or both and are reasonably rich (its minimum $499) are going to get this? I don't know. But I am sure that Apple will make back everything it wanted. There are enough of us techno-maniacs in the world for that. I read this article which compared an iPod to the iPhone (thats the title of the article though it really doesn't dwell too much on the comparison) and thought it was worth the read. The only thing I didnt get was why they were comparing a mere function of the iPhone to the whole purpose of existance of the iPod. People have been talking with whatever knowledge they have all over the place about it. And so the world waits with bated breath. Coming soon on June 29th. The iPhone.

1 comments:

Ram said...

Although I am bullish on the iPhone, I think the hype will settle down soon. Such a big undertaking will not be free of problems in the initial days. I am not sure about the geek comment.. about 1 million people have signed up for pre-order information on this phone. I can't think more than 60% of those would be geeks. So it is a fashion statement more than a geek playtoy...

I'm waiting on this release, coz it will plummet the prices of other handsets including my favorite the Moto Razr v3xx

Post a Comment