July 1, 2009

The days of slog...

Ever since starting my PhD, I've been unconvinced about my conviction in the whole thing. I took it up as an interim thing to do in a new country where I required some orientation. And the PhD just fell into place and was interestingly in my field of interest and everything, so I had no reason not to take it up. And all along it's haunted me that I haven't done justice to it. And then came along S's parents for a long visit. With my MIL taking over the kitchen, this is finally my chance to bask in the days of being a PhD candidate - finally I can work on something for however long I like without having to be concerned about going home and whipping up dinner. The days of slog are here and I welcome them with outstretched arms (only because the vacations are in the horizon and I know this phase won't last). Every slog has a holiday lining.

4 comments:

Gandalf said...

Ha ha. Who'd have known you'd wanna work so much. Keep at it while it lasts. Good luck!

Jaya said...

Gandalf-> Tell me about it. And "while it lasts" is just about right. The urge seems to be fading already!

mysticmelodiez said...

lolz, don't we all have a long list of convictions that we sporadically get unconvinced about ??!!! guess that's life and more importantly what keeps it lively!

enjoy it while it lasts.., the enthusiastic slog phase :D and chutti from cookin coz if your cookery blogs are anything to go by, you'll soon want to get back to the chulha too ;)

so long!!

Jaya said...

Mysticmelodiez -> Well yeah, as much as I hate to accept it, I do enjoy cooking and so in the week since the in laws came, I've waded into the kitchen quite a fair share and made a lot of stuff.. I guess that just can't hold back. Lol. On theother hand, yes, I am thoroughly enjoying telling my professor that yes, I can stay late and yes, I can figure out the problem today itself and so on. It is a one time opportunity and not for long, given that the vacations are here in 3 weeks. So, I'll stick at it while I can. Thanks for the comment, girl n keep visiting!

Post a Comment