June 28, 2010

The greener grass..

I am here to reflect once more how the grass is indeed greener on the other side. Forever it seemed like I complained that we wore sweaters or jackets in Paris for the past 8 months... and how the sun never seemed to shine in all it's splendor and what not. And the sun had it's revenge on us for my bad-mouthing. The temperatures soared to 30+°C and we sweated it out this weekend in Paris too.. showing the brilliant sights and sounds to yet another bunch of visitors.

Two days later.... the sunniest weekend in Paris in 10 months later... insane sweating later. (try the Paris metros in Summer).. many blisters later... infinite tan lines and infinite tanning later... I've realized I've asked too much from the sun. And maybe the time the sun was away wasn't too bad? Now either it has to head for some cover giving us some muted glory or I am going to walk around in ridiculous wide-brimmed straw hats uncaring about the stares I am sure to receive while making a thorough fool of myself. Like I said.. any way you look at it, the grass is greener on the other side. Any other experiences any of you'd like to share where you stumbled upon this universal truth? Comment away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment