May 30, 2010

Vaux le Vicomte

So I was on a picnic to Vaux le Vicomte on a trip arranged by my college. Here's a panorama from the day trip.

Hint: Click on the photo for a full image.

Well the Château has a sad history but we had a great time being there. And the college treated us to a day of fun.. what lunch on a bateau, day at the Château and what not! The day played a bit of a spoilsport though.. it was raining in patches. But the gardens of this Château were spectacular and apparently a huge influence on Versailles' ultimate design. Anyhow, what it did accomplish was get me wholly interested in French history. And so I have been devouring reading material and Youtube videos since. Will keep you posted on what happens from that (if anything does).

5 comments:

Honey said...

Lovely clic. Dull day tho. Which camera?

NewYorker said...

I love panoramas.. This one is no less beautiful. Excellent stitiching even height-wise. You don't seem to have lost much detail. But is this HDR? I am going to say maybe not?

Jaya said...

Honey-> Thanks so much. Yeah it was a drab day and the rain kept checking in on us. With some glorious sunshine these snaps would've been transformed into something else. As for the camera, as I was going on a class trip, I was in no mood to lunge along with SLR. This one's a basic point'n'shoot from Canon - the A610. Thanks for the comment and keep visiting!

NewYorker-> Thanks so much! Me too.. Panoramas have a way of displaying the entire scenery all at one go (I guess that's the whole point!) and are very appealing. And if you'd asked me if this was a "HDR" maybe 3 days ago, I'd have ignored answering.. but now that I'm freshly "educated" by my husband, I know what it is and so to answer your question, it's HDR digitally. Seeing as I was taking 5+ different pictures for a stitch and with a point n shoot, I had no major enthu for exposure settings. Hehehe. That's why I guess its a step down from your typical HDR shots which offer so much range and contrast. Add to that the dull day didn't help at all. Thanks for the comment and keep visiting!

Madhumathi said...

Well..i am interested in the "Château's" sad story as well... History has its own charm of taking us to another world...
On another note...i think the picture is just perfect.. I loved it..though u may say that the rains played the spoilsport.. I love rains, gloomy,cloudy weather... Just the perfect setting for me...i know lot of them would disagree as sunny & bright is the universal liking!!

Jaya said...

Madhumathi-> Well some things just look better with the sun! Now take this photo for example... had the sun been out, it would've highlighted the golden on the stones used to build the castle, it's glow would've been reflected in the shimmer of the water. However corresponding to the sad history the weather gave the ideal depiction evidently. Thanks for thinking this is perfect! Keep visiting and voicing!

Post a Comment