April 21, 2006

~Surprises~


Surprises... There's nothing more exciting than that.. Having thrown a million surprise parties for friends and having had none for myself, till yesterday, I could only imagine how it felt to walk into the room and see a sea of people you really like anticipating your arrival... But whats it like to walk into the room and find the one person who is soooo special in your life and sooo unexpected at that juncture? I can tell you...

I was having another typical evening in Cincinnati... watching the sun from 201 Morgens, where Sachin, Pushkar n Yogesh live (thats my evening hangout.... where we generally just have chai and guppa-maraofy). And my cell phone was inside and I didnt hear it ring. When I checked it later, it was an 859 code.. Something I didnt recognize and when I called back, it was someone I didnt know either. So, I left them a voicemail asking why they'd called.. twice. Meanwhile, Pushkar-Sachin n I were alighting the elevator when Priyanka called. She said she had to speak something important with me and if I was doing nothing, I had to come home as soon as was possible. Honestly doing nothing of merit, I left right away, all along wondering what it could be that was that urgent! And I went home in 20 min... And opened the door... And there was BALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I screamed at the top of my voice.. I was seeing my bro after 8 months! And he was soooo unexpected... and to think that he had business with Cincinnati Bell! It was almost too good to be true... But there he was and my levels of adrenaline refused to come down and took a good amount of screaming and everything from me to pump out excess energy. Prinku deserved a coupla hugs too.. for the caper she pulled off with seriousness! :) I am sooo thrilled and soo very happy as must be obvious by now. To celebrate his just being there, he took us girls out for dinner to 'Lemon Grass'.. Yumm Thai food... And then he went back to his 'work'. Well well... all I have to do now is to await the afternoon and have loaads of FUN! Can't wait!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)... so sweet!

Post a Comment