April 17, 2006

~ Canon-izing photography ~



Warning: If you are not a digital photography freak, you needn't read further! Being one, I had to pay a tribute to my latest obsession!

I am alll excited!! I finally got my camera... Its an awesome Canon S2 IS, for which I was thavam-kadandhu waiting for deals. And finally, Dell heard my prayers and put up this deal which I grabbed. And so, the camera of my dreams arrived last week... brand new and I felt like a fairy princess who'd just been given her magic powers!

If you wanna read a techie n professional review about the camera, go here. Thats one of the famous reviews on this cam that prompted me to choose it for it. Well, this is one of the best cams around and with those specs and those looks (Its body, if it had been black would've offered a far more professional look, but I'm not complaining... its specs are to die for!) And for me, it was a humongous upgrade from my Sony-P30, against which I wont talk.. I still love that camera and it has helped me savour some of my very best memories..

Well, coming to my camera, I was eager to test out its abilities.. And I am one of those people who doesnt believe in reading instruction manuals... I am very happy in life, just fiddling with the equipment and finding out how its done.. But it being my camera and me having shelled out a lot of money, still didnt prompt me to open up the instructions... But when I was fiddling with it and could'nt fire the flash after multiple hits of the flash button, slaaaaaaaash, I tore open the instruction booklet! Damn! I had to go against my principle! And then I sat down with the different modes, etc and in my excitement, I decided to take the camera for a walk (ok.. its not my doggie... But I had to stretch its legs and realise its potential.. It was dying to be used!) And off I set!

Along my way, I clicked a bunch of photos.. And well, the camera has IS (Image Stabilization) but even with that, you do need steady hands to geta clear focused shot at 12x... Am dreading to think what would've happened if I had bought one without IS! The modes have been classically customized and each mode is true to its ability.. The colors are vibrant, quality crisp and amazing videos... The video is practically handycam quality and the only limitation I can think of is that it cant shoot vides > 1GB.. technically, who cares!!!

Another thing I was itching to try was its 'super-macro' mode. Which allowed you to get as close as 0cm to the object! That means, you place the lens ON the object and shoot!!! This would be immensely useful for my labwork (By the way, to all those who questioned my need for a camera right now, this was my standard answer -- Till now, I had a friend who's camera I could borrow.. but he was graduating soon... So , I had to equip myself to aid my research... Makes sense??) So, to test my 'super-macro' capabilities, I chose a friend and decided to capture his eye!

There are many many pics I have taken already and I am not going to sing their praises here. Indeed, one of my premier ideas is to start a photo blog and keep loading all my pics there... Until then... dont hold your breath.. you may not survive! Will start one anyday now... Keep checking!

5 comments:

Chandrachood said...

yenna jaya blog frenzy aa!:) good write-up!

Chintu

Nostalgia said...

Hey Jaya,

Congrats on your new Canon, sounds like a nice model, the 12X is definitely a good catch, on the down side its little bulky, for people who go for performance rather than style. I am big fan of canon, I am waiting to upgrade to rebel from my sd250.

Looking forward to your photoblog

Caffeinism said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaya said...

Thank you people! Thanks... Am very proud!! (blush blush!!)

Vasanth said...

hi...

me too having CanonS2IS, enjoying the photographs with it.

BTW, pls share ur pics in some website and update, that I can learn from other pic.

I got this link from orcut.

Thanks

Post a Comment