October 1, 2007

More on Tea...


As a tea maniac and specially one who likes to experiment, I have zeroed in on Celestial Seasonings as my favorite brand. And I tried their Tension Tamer tea just yesterday and boy.. was it good or what. Recently, I have started believing that I may have RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). It maybe that I do have RLS or it maybe that seeing so many ads about it make me wanna wriggle my legs even more. The temptation to jig-wig them is maximum when trying to fall asleep. But believe me, this tea helped distinctly. I felt this soothing calm around me and this blanket of peace surround me. I can't vouch for its "tension taming" capabilities because I wasn't really tensed. But with ingredients like peppermint, cinnamon and lemon, ginger and chamomile, the worst that can happen is to have good herbs in your system! Mostly I believe that these teas work more on philosophy than anything else. In that, when you read the blurb that claims these fabulous things, you will for them to happen and end up realizing that they do.

Amongst others, I tried CS's Lemon Zinger, and this tea oozes red because it has hibiscus... It was supposed to startle you into freshness.. But maybe because of the tangy flavour, or maybe it was 3:00 pm on Saturday afternoon, I was little more sleepy than awake.

But as I already proclaimed... whats the worst thing that could happen? Extra antioxidants in the system? Nice herbs and a refreshing sugar-free drink? More heart-friendly and cancer-fighting capabilities? I'm game.

2 comments:

Vasu said...

hey jaya..i tried some flavored tea's recently..i thought it tasted of old socks..maybe im brewing it wrong..it was supposed to be orange ginger..i immersed the tea bag for about 5 mins in hot water..
i still love the desi chai though!!ginger,cardamom..yum!!

Jaya said...

Vasu -> Indian chai rocks! And I make fabulous chai.. When we meet next, I will make some for u :). But these are just other options.. Old socks haha.. Try the Celestial Seasonings brand.. Its far better than others I have tried. I tried some other green tea and it is sooo strong I thought I'd throw up. But this is mild and really refreshing.. The tension tamer and sleepytime teas rock :)

Post a Comment