August 20, 2007

Turning a new leaf...


No no.. I didn't change anything in my lifestyle to merit this post. I merely have relapsed to an old habit - one that I loved and had no time to do while in grad school - reading! Yes, inspired by my dreams and other blogs, I have chosen 7 books to finish before the end of a month starting from today. 2 are chick books as I have termed them, 2 are 2 parts of Feynman's famed autobiographies, 1 - a Diana focus and 2 excellent novels recommended by fellow readers. I am looking forward to my solitary time with these books. I received a big package of my books yesterday and I haven't felt that new book thrill since Harry Potter 7. The sheer smell of the pages, the feel of the paperback one some and the crisp jackets on the others all makes for a very enjoyable experience. I look forward to completing all these books and succinctly summarizing the ones I will recommend. BTW, the picture above is that of a 4 leaf clover and it signifies immense luck. The sheer fact that I have relapsed to reading is lucky, don't you think? I do :)

7 comments:

rrv said...

I 'm curious to know which are the '2 excellent novels recommended by fellow readers'?

Saumya said...

Hey,

I wanted to know what are the fine novels recommended (is that the correct spelling?..ah well.)..and also recommend one more..The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossieni. Its excellent to say the least..:)..

Me

Jaya said...

Wow girls.. Kite Runner is one of the "excellent recommended novels" and Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides is the other. :)

Divya said...

u write great... infact i have been reading ur blogs for a while now... cudnt help commenting here... including the above suggested novels by Khaled Hossieni... I strongly recommend "House of blue mangoes" by David Davidar.... Have fun with ur reading!!

Jaya said...

Hi Divya -> Thanks for the kind words. I will take up your book recommendation as well. Keep visiting!

rrv said...

Middlesex is quite good! unlike any other I have read.
You could try 'The Handmaid's tale' and 'Never let me go' too.

Jaya said...

Radhika ->Handmaid's Tale is on my wishlist! And I have read "Never Let me go". It was one of those depressingly brilliant books. I was saddened by the theme but fascinated by the book itself. Good one.

Post a Comment