August 8, 2007

Nano-Net

Alright... I am going to give everyone exactly 2 guesses on what this post is about. You have 5 seconds. Your time starts NOW... 5..4...3...2..1.. And you're wrong! All you over-imaginative folks, this isn't about any National Geographic's discovery of a spider spinning nanoscale nets.. nor is it about any pathbreaking research that I am conducting to evolve internet into some bizarre nano dimension.

Its about the internet options at K, the company I work for. They have disabled every conceivable website you might want to visit. I am amazed Blogger works. No GMail or any other email client except K-Mail (Not even email.uc.edu), no enterntainment news.. no Craigslist, of course no Orkut. Having had all the liberty in the world at BN, its but natural that I crib now. When I didn't have a computer assigned the first day of work, I complained to my boss a bit. When I got the opportunity to use his computer for a little while, I realized that it finally was down to a machine with immense potential, but something that could'nt be tapped, I lost interest and was even a wee bit disappointed that I got a system on the 3rd day. Talk about an anti-climax! That leaves us with a nano-sized niche of sites that can be browsed purely for business purposes. Hmph. Incidentally, the name of this post bears similarity to how our previous generations of relatives are called, (eg. Patti - Kollu Patti - Yellu Patti - Kadugu Patti - notice how the prefixes become consistently smaller! :D) So, the internet that we have here at K is like the ancestor of what most other firms have I suppose and hence, Nano-net! Anyone who needs to reach me at work, rely on K-Mail!

2 comments:

Rathish a.k.a The Rat said...

I'm assuming they haven't blocked google. In that case, try this:
http://google.com/translate?langpair=en|en&u=www.craigslist.com

Replace the last part with the site you want to visit. This might not work if it is IP based blocking. But worth a try.

Jaya said...

Well.. it was worth a shot but here's what it said -
"Your organization has chosen to limit viewing of this site (http://google.com/translate?langpair=en|en&u=www.craigs...), due to the rating of its content (anonymizer)."

Hmph. Thanks anyways, Rathish

Post a Comment