August 31, 2007

State Quarter Collections

Like me, I am sure many of you must've noticed that many quarters we have as change here in the US, bear state names on the "heads" side. I was mildly interested when back in Iowa most quarters I had with state names bore Iowa's name. I don't know if the distribution of quarters is made partially to the respective state. And suddenly I had this motivation to collect all 50 state quarters. Its pretty worthless if you think about it.. just $12.50.. And also, maybe there's a place where you can buy everything all at once. But that would be boring. Collecting is fun. And so I began. But in time, I would always run out of cash for buses and I had to use my precious State quarters. Hmph. So today when I tricked a vending machine into accepting my $5 bill and giving me quarters in change without any purchases, imagine my surprise when 14/20 quarters it spewed were State Quarters and all different! And so my collection's begun again... And this time, I will save those quarters coz from tomorrow I am using a bus pass! :D

Note: All 50 states have not been "minted" yet. Read this for more information: http://www.usmint.gov/kids/coinNews/50sq/

3 comments:

Aravind said...

u know , even i am thinking of doing the same for some time now.....got inspired when i saw rishi collecting them...tats when i realised it wud be fun....however i am yet to starting collecting as such....hv few quarters with me, tat shud count , right??

Jaya said...

Aravind-> When the number u r trying to reach is as little as 50.. every quarter counts... All the best

Shiva kumar Shankar said...

I have 29, have some doubles, but unfortunately cant send it there, so good luck!

Post a Comment