July 17, 2007

The weekends..

Its most boring to be by yourself in a relatively new place. What do you do all day? All week I dream of the weekend and inexplicably on Saturday afternoon after I have had a long cherished late nighter on Friday and a well-deserved late morning on Saturday, I long for Monday again. From Saturday afternoon to Sunday night is an unbearable drone and I am sorry to say I am no longer the phone person that I was. I can't stand conversations > 15 min. I find excuses to hang up. I can't keep cooking all weekend. More often than not, I make one meal and the next is inevitably Maggi. I can't watch movies all weekend. Though I do see at least 4 every weekend for the lack of anything better to do. (Going out to the mall like I did last weekend turns out to be an unavoidable expense). I don't have too many books I haven't read. The internet is boring. And I can't seem to watch the endless sitcoms on the net or the TV. And in a place like Ames, if you aren't going to watch a movie or try out a restaurant or shop for the heck of it, you aren't doing anything. At least next weekend sounds promising. The final Harry Potter book is coming out then and I'm going to be sitting out in the hall waiting for my copy to find its way home.

7 comments:

Ram said...

who is this writing on this blog? It can't be the person I used to know as my sister, who can always find things to do, get creative, draw, write a book, or just sleep it out. Its not like her to lament for lack of things to do. So, who ever it is writing up here... SPEAK UP!!!

Jaya said...

Your sister basks in company... As a visual person, more the merrier. Less the number of people, more boring.. No books (didn't u read that part?) I have been regularly buying books and reading.. But then theres only so much you can do and mindless TV for how long?!?! I think vayasu ayachu! ;)

Ram said...

ok.. what happenned to ebooks? there's no public libraries there? writing only needs dreams, wild imagination, pen n paper... c'mon u can publish....

there's so much in the web... u can read news, technology, etc. grow up to other stuff... add color to ur painting..

Jaya said...

As this is a temporary settlement, I am not attaching too much stuff here - like say paint supplies!! And with no car and slow public transport, you barely feel like going to the public library which is closed Sundays and is a 45 min bus ride! And I m pretty up-to-date with news and all.. But all thats pretty current- so theres nothing to sit n read on weekends.. I have read almost all of my 3GB ebook collection. So there you go.

Jaya said...

And bfore you get all worked up again, I am not withering away. So calm down. It would be fun to have people to hang out with and do stuff. I am a content alone person. But life cud be better!

Rathish a.k.a The Rat said...

Time to get a Wii/PSP/PS3 :)

Jaya said...

We have a Wii here.. But its temporarily settled elsewhere.. Will get a PS3 soon :D

Post a Comment