July 18, 2007

Of drinking water and leaking faucets

When I joined Bioforce, one of the first things I bought for my desk was a tall water bottle. As a habit, I drink very less water through the day and for the past years of my existence, I've barely done any sort if justice to the 8 glasses a day funda. I convinced myself now, that the best way to keep a clean digestive system and hopefully clear skin was to drink bottles of water. And all of it worked. But you knew there had to be a downside, or else why would I be writing about it?

Drinking 12-16 (roughly 3-4 liters) glasses of water in a span of 8 hours at work has its downside. Add to that 2-3 cups of water-brewed tea. The restroom breaks increase of course! Sometimes, I feel the need to pee three times in two hours. And this wouldn't be so much a problem if the restrooms were located in a secluded corner of the office. They are located right off the kitchenette, where you can bet your day's pay that at any given moment, someone or the other is having coffee, or checking out the snack cupboard or the refrigerator or the back office room for supply. So what - You may ask. What it is that its embarrassing to visit the restroom sooo many times per day inviting people to believe you have a congenital defect or a leaky faucet!! And whats worse is that the chatty receptionist's desk is right there too. And she feels the irresistable need to say hi to you each time. Hmph.

So whats the solutions? The excuses, but of course. Timing is crucial. Each tea break is an excuse. Each time you rummage the snack cupboard is an excuse. As is lunch.

Moral of the story? My kidneys are fine.. Yoo hoo!!

4 comments:

plumbing said...

Leaking faucet is the most often plumbing problem. To consult to a professional plumber is the best thing to fix the leaking faucet.

Carmella Vancil said...

People tend to forget other important things because they're too focused on work, like drinking and eating. Of course it's not good if you eat or drink too much but it's good that you have an idea of how much water should you drink daily. It helps a lot in keeping your body healthy today and in the future. What's the sense of working hard for the future if your health would be a problem, right?

Carmella Vancil

Darryl Iorio said...

That’s fine Jaya. Urinating every now and then is normal if you drink a lot of water. I also experience the same thing and I don’t mind since I know that it benefits my body more than it inconveniences me. Yes, it can be likened to a leaky faucet, but it’s a good kind of leak; no need to call the plumber or anything.

Unknown said...

As long as your kidneys are fine, I believe you should continue with the habit of drinking plenty of liquids, especially water. Sure, it sends you to the bathroom more often than usual, but at least your organs are hydrated. Cross your fingers though that the plumbing system in your office doesn’t break down, or you’ll be holding it in awhile longer. Yikes!

Althea Tumlin

Post a Comment