May 12, 2008

Self Indulgence

Once in a while, not only is it forgivable to self-indulge, but its a requirement to... Self pampering is one of the best ways to all of a sudden feel good about oneself... I really didn't need an extra boost.. but while many others may have chosen to indulge in new accessories or clothes, I decided to indulge in my longest standing passion - books... I just finished ordering a bunch of books from Amazon for myself... half due to almost going crazy about not finding english books at bookstores out here and half out of longing to fill my half-empty bookshelf and do my bit for the wall of books fantasy. You may call me a nerd... But I can hardly get through a meal without having something to read or watch on TV. And guess whats the weirder part? I actually ordered them from Amazon USA and had them shipped to me international, rather than buying them at wee bit more extravagant Euro prices... Ah the considerations one must make before self-indulging! Good gracious me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaya... I am envious of you yaar! That should sum up everything I read about you from your blog! :)

Keep enjoying!!

Jaya said...

Vaishu-> Thanks babe... when r u visiting so I can give u a taste of Parisian life? :)

Anonymous said...

Arre..yaar!!! Bandha tho milne de... phir aathi hoon uske saath...

rrv said...

what did u order?
dont you have public libraries in glorius Paris?

Jaya said...

Radhika-> I ordered - (1) The great Indian Novel (2) My sister's keeper and (3) Fine balance. And yes, there is a well stocked library here... But I m the type that prefers to own the books than borrow them... But u got it right... I have been a bit lazy to go take a membership at the American library of Paris :)

Post a Comment