April 15, 2008

Bootwatch


Being in Paris and not owning boots seems to be a crime. I have noticed over the past couple of months that everyone (women) and I mean everyone wears boots... With skirts, with jeans, with dresses, with shorts with stockings, without stockings... They are less likely to be wearing a proper jacket/shirt than a pair of boots. They come in all sizes and all lengths and all colours and all sorts of heels with ot without stuff dangling from them. Its fascinating the multipurpose usage that they are put through and finally with the weather warming up a little, I decided I would get myself a pair of boots too that would go fabulously with all my skirts that I soon planned on wearing. But first, I needed to decide what type I was going to get... And hence the bootwatch. I have been observing the women on the street... But the variety is soooo large that all I have been able to decide is that my boots should probably be black (will go with all colors and types of clothes), should not have any heels (flats are the best for your back) and should not be made of leather (poor cows/crocodiles or anything else that they kill to make 'fabric' these days). And I plan on going shopping for them over this week... Of course the main thing I haven't decided is how much of a hole I am going to let this fancy of mine burn my hubby's pocket... Some things are better decided by him I guess. :)

5 comments:

Sachin said...

I liked the last line the most (and not because it was the only one related to guys). Way to go S !!!

haiknalsjdf said...

see di, that is where you are wrong..hubbies should NEVER decide your shoes/boots/clothes. :D Tejas has pretty much given up on giving me his opinion on my shoe choices (im a complete shoe addict like Carrey on Sex n the City :Pi think last count, i owned about 40 pairs :)) Boots will be expensive but they are oh so worth it :D Splurge!!

Jaya said...

Rajni -> Who said anything abt the husband deciding WHICH pair? He decides the budget (he is usually far more liberal than I am!) ;)

haiknalsjdf said...

:) THANK GOD! lol

Anonymous said...

J..I don't know if I told u..But I finally got my boots about 4 months back.. Love'em..I think u shud have heels..Looks awesome with jeans :D
But get those block heels which is not as bad..

Post a Comment