September 12, 2007

Finger cots?

I'd never heard of or seen finger cots till I joined K. Here they don't use hand gloves. Instead they use finger cots. For more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_cot. It seemed a ludicrous substitute to the conventional latex-free, purple nitrile gloves which I considered academic/industry standard. And its likeness to a male condom is uncanny. No wonder when I wiki-ed it, it confirmed my own comparisons and I felt good that I wasn't a pervert- yeay! Obviously you have to wear one on each finger (atleast I do - most people wear them only on the thumb, index and middle fingers of each hand - lo behold - you've saved 4 finger cots!!) At first I found it unsettling, icky and creepy even. Now I am used to it. Yet I wonder.. its more time-consuming, icky and tends to come off easily.. and it isn't even that much inexpensive than the traditional gloves. And people tend to unroll them off of their fingers and reuse them.. That's the limit, if you ask me. Eew.

2 comments:

Rocket said...

Whoa. quiet,bashful, and taciturn ????? either I got the meaning of these above words wrong when i learnt them in high school or you were totally drunk when you wrote your profile :)..

anyways, nice snaps ..the pics have come out very well.

Jaya said...

Uh.. Ram.. Usually u wud reply to my email for that.. But u r welcome anyways.. The ;) at the end of the profile pretty much conveys the sarcasm, doesn't it? :)
Thanks for visiting anyhoo and keep coming!

Post a Comment