March 4, 2007

Some color in my life..



I was just glancing through my past few entries and realized that it was plain and colorless though very very beautiful.. With the onset of spring and many things all over again, I realize that its time to bring some color into my life.. (well into the blog at the very least... hehe). But then whats not colorful in my life? So far so good.. All I lack is a job which I am hunting at the moment.

I had a party at my professor's house and after having a full three-course meal, theres this buzz in my head. And suddenly I was struck by how much I am going to miss Cincinnati once I leave it. I know alllllllllll we grad students spoke about in the last few weeks leading up to the defense is how we "can't wait to be done" or how "I am sick of this place". And then suddenly just like that you realize what you're saying is not true. It was never any of those things. In fact, my whole existence in the United States has revolved around the 1 mile radius that UC occupies. About 2.5 years of my whole life spent in a 2.5 km radius. With little laments, little regrets, little urge to do anything else. Unbelievable. I guess thats the feeling that envelopes every single one of us as we unknowingly get attached to places, people, buildings, offices, even that morning coffee at the campus Starbucks. And when you graduate, suddenly you are an alumnus. Thats not good enough. It never is.

Ok.. this entry was supposed to be colorful. Instead it turned into a reflection of my thoughts at this exact instant. But the grass is greener on the other side. Every single time. For now... California beckons.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one.. at some time or the other, all of us have these pangs of affection for a place. It only shows we are human. Don't worry.. leaving one place and its bonds just menas going to another and making new ones. Good luck on that and the job.

- Rajeev

Sudarshan said...

to california in pursuit of a job eh..all the best on that...fabulous pic...eager to see spring here as well...a lil bored with the cold :)... even i felt a lot abt leaving campus in trichy...u never really realize how a place grows on u...as time passes by...but i guess california would soon grow on u...and from what i here its a splendid place..

Jaya said...

Thanks boys... I hope I land a job soon.. will put an end to all my tensions.. And the delay is allll bcoz of the freaking nano field being what it is. Anyways... heres cheers to the better part of whats happening!

Sandy said...

Lets just say the last line was my favorite :)

Sandy said...

Lets just say the last line was my favorite :)

Kavi said...

Really enjoyed that one...sooo reminds me of BIM n Trichy...it seriously IS amazing how one place can grow so much on you...hmmmm...

Of course, a grrrt job is jus round the corner n lucky girls, u both get to stay together!!!

Somehow ur post makes me say "Rang de Basanti"!!!

Jaya said...

Sandy -> :D

Kavi -> Yeah.. after all the whites, it was time for the color! And now I feel like I am writing a washing detergent Ad. Colors, whites, etc!`

Post a Comment