March 13, 2007

Once bitten.. twice lucky

Do you believe in luck? I do. And I completely believe that for something to happen favorably, you need the luck. So whats fashioned me to become Lady luck savvy? My whole life! I have realized that for me most things aren't as straightforward as it is for many others. Most things that matter in my life require that second stab at it.

College admissions? - HCE was the second college I saw and stuck to... (Thankfully I didnt have to repeat my Boards or my entrance exams!!)

GRE - I had to give it twice to get my dream score

Admissions - I had to apply TWICE. One year I didnt get great results - I applied too high. The second year, I had to send in the packets TWICE (coz SpeedPost lost my package) - that means two sets of recos, two sets of application forms, two of everything and TWICE the freaking headache as well!

I could also relate a whole bunch of other stuff that fit right into my 'twice is nice' label, including some very important life decisions, but I am not going into that. :)

I have done a looot to be here.. And now jobhunting sometimes drives me to WHY do I want to be here? I sure hope I get that one job that will validate everything I have been through. Twice has been lucky... Fingers crossed.

14 comments:

-Lura- said...

hoping this trend is only for certain things :)

Jaya said...

Lura -> Believe me.. its been for most things.

-Lura- said...

so theoretically my second comment should be lucky to u... btw which attempt of urs is most unlucky...

Jaya said...

So far there's never been after 2. So I guess first time unlucky :D

-Lura- said...

Don't u think sometimes it could be only ur psych that makes u think it u are or were going to be unlucky and the second time ur going to be....

May be it turns out that the first time u don't give ur full assuming it might go wrong.... and second time u have the confidence that it will be lucky....

Jaya said...

Ok.. How does SpeedPost losing my package count as an assumption!?!? Why wud I set myself up for failure? I never do! Its always my best effort.. Just believe it.. Second time lucky (hopefully it doesnt take more than 2 attempts at anything!! :D)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

...if so, it's Brian (monkey)! My email is brian@briantaylor.us. Say hi! I moved to Cleveland from San Diego!

Jaya said...

Oops Brian... I am sorry but I didnt work for First American. Guess u got the wrong one.

Anonymous said...

This isn't 'Tigress'? ...hung out at the Bangalore Zoo with some of your co-workers?

Anonymous said...

...around April/May 2002?

Anonymous said...

....oops sorry, Apr/May 2004

Jaya said...

Uh Brian.. Still the wrong person!

Seetharaman Venkatesan said...

I guess one of the "Planet dudes" is playing in your life..and delaying most of the stuffs in your life...but all's well that ends well...


Seetharaman

Post a Comment